OUR PRICE: $11.95
6 in stock
The Tenor Saxophone Package from the Do It! Play in Band series by James O. Froseth includes:
• Home Helper Book and CD for Tenor Saxophone and Do It! Play Tenor Saxophone Book 1 and CD
• Modeling by Jeffrey Zook (Detroit Symphony Orchestra) and Sharon Sparrow (Detroit Symphony Orchestra).
• Professional studio backgrounds capture the rich diversity of American music culture with a repertoire of American, Latin American, African, European, and Far Eastern styles.
• Music of other times, including 12th-century conductus, 15th-century Dance of the Bouffons, 16th-century French branle, 18th- and 19th-century folk songs and dances, 1940s and '50s jazz, blues, and rock-and-roll.
• The repertoire and recorded contexts are motivating, informative, and entirely musical.
• Every song includes text, providing information about phrasing, rhythm, style, affect, emotion, history, and culture.
• A unique Rhythmic Pattern Dictionary allows students to 'look it up' and 'listen up.'
• An individualized format allows students to progress at different rates with a 'theme and variation' format.
• Ear training and improvisation are integral parts of the lesson format.